////Animation Director/// Animator /// Illustrator/// Optimist////_______"Don't be discouraged, be INSPIRED"

Jazz... [my therapy]

Seed Shack by Gene Ammons on Grooveshark

Monday 19 September 2011

Speed paint #9

Hi guys, here's Monday's sketch-ercise... Originally thought I was gonna end up with some sort of misty lake-type scene but then my hand did this... There's an awesome vid of American painter/ illustrator George Pratt where he explains, "if I just dive in & let the line- let the drawing tell me where it needs to go, I'm open to more happy accidents... trust your instincts"... I try to take this on board as much as I can these days... George is an amazing talent; he gives great advice & is also a real nice guy- check out some of his online video workshops if you get a chance [definitely worth it].
Click image to view in correct size























-M-

No comments: